Monday, January 11, 2010

About me..

Hello, my name is Libby and I have been practicing the healing arts and Neuromuscular Therapy Massage for 7 years. I specialize in healing chronic pain, tension and injuries using the NMT technique to manually release tight muscles.

When parts of the muscle fibers get stuck in contraction due to repetitive motion or strain, a knot forms and causes pain. I focus in on the belly of the knot and use the NMT technique to manually release the contracted muscle. NMT manual therapy is the fastest and most efficient method usually resulting in immediate relief, however, chronic injuries may take a few sessions. NMT massage is very relaxing and should never be painful. Most clients fall into a very deep state which often leads to snoring! ;)

I usually show up to an office location and see about 10-12 employees for 20 minute sessions. Usually a Company picks up he bill as part of an employee reward and incentive benefit (I have massage reward cupons), but with the current economic state, I have had situations where the employees pay me on a per/minute basis. It has been statistically proven that corporate massage cuts significantly down on workers comp claims, as well.

In this day and age with the amount of time we spend in front of the computer as well as sitting for long periods, I believe it is necessary to engage in some form of muscle maintenance such as yoga or lazy man's yoga: Massage!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Office chair massage can help create nurturing environment where employees can interact and connects the employers so they can see first hand how their workers are doing


http://www.jlchairmassagelosangeles.com/

john smith said...

Let me know how you are making a difference in the massage profession and how you think we can improve our future with your tips and ideas. corporate massage london